Matthew Kooman is a co-founder and co-owner at Unveil Studios Inc. He is also one of the directors for the powerful, feature length film, “She Has a Name”.
“She Has a Name” brings the realities of child trafficking to a fictional film that leaves viewers impacted with the power of the story.
Unveil works in documentary, theatre, new media and film, producing creative work through various media for clients in Canada and overseas.
In this episode, Matt and I discuss:
- his journey to discovering film making
- why “She Has a Name” is here and deserves to be talked about and acted upon
- the challenges of following your inspiration and staying true to your values
- why Unveil Studios create the stories and films that they do
- how we can follow inspiration – but that it has a shelf life to be acted on
- what the movie is helping to fund and create across Canada and around the world in the fight against trafficking
- his own words of wisdom on what it takes to make an impact on something so huge