Ed Wilson’s life is about protecting the poor from violence.
As IJM (International Justice Mission) Canada’s Executive Director, Ed provides strategic and visionary leadership to the mission and vision of IJM in Canada.
IJM helps to rescue victims of violence and protect the poor by strengthening their justice systems. They work around the world, helping to make justice possible for those who would never be able to advocate for themselves in violent and dangerous life circumstances.
In this episode, Ed and I discuss:
- how IJM works in different areas around the world
- what it means to come alongside the poor and vulnerable when they need legal protection
- how IJM and their partners are helping to change justice systems from the inside out
- how exploitation can happen and what that can look like in an individual’s life when they are entrenched in poverty
- how we can advocate for justice
- how children are being exploited in alarming measures and what we can do to help stop it
- IJM’s new campaign and call for us to take notice of the power of our lives and voice
- What it means to join the #notonmyscreen movement and how we can raise our voices
If you enjoyed this episode about justice for the poor, you might also enjoy these previous episodes:
It’s Mother’s Day and Your Mom is Awesome. Why not give her a gift card from the Little Shop of Courage to remind her of it!