Rachel Faller is the founder of Tonlé, a zero-waste fashion company based out of Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
They are founded on the value that fashion should be fair to both humans and the earth. They are inspiring others to see zero waste differently and to think about where your clothes come from and the people who make them.
In this episode, Rachel and I discuss:
- her original inspiration with Tonlé and how she started her journey
- the interesting and sometimes difficult lessons she learned along the way about listening to the people she was working with and trying to help
- why zero waste is attainable if we begin to change our way of thinking
- the realities of what fast fashion is doing to our planet and our race – at an alarming rate
- the role that Tonlé plays in helping to lead the way in thinking about fashion differently
- how we as consumers can use the power of our choices to help create change