Noora Sharrab is the co-founder of Sitti Soap. The daughter of Palestinian refugees that was raised in Canada, Noora’s journey through education led her to the Jerash Refugee Camp in Jordan. That journey changed her life, leading her on an adventure that is continuing to evolve in it’s scope.
Today, Noora gives us insight into what life is like on the inside of the refugee camp and how social enterprises such as Sitti Soap are helping people there to re-write their own stories.
In this episode Noora and I discuss:
- the journey that brought her to hew work in the Jerash Refugee Camp in Jordan
- how many of the refugees ended up in Jerash, Jordan
- what life is like in that camp
- how she learned some powerful insights from the people there
- how she learned to see the potential in what was possible for the refugees with Sitti Soap
- why it’s important to understand the background of how people end up in refugee camps
- how a simple idea can begin to transform lives through dignity and honourable work