It’s pretty awesome that you are here right now – because I think we actually have a lot in common.
(Ok, so maybe you don’t have blonde hair, blue eyes, an adopted daughter that lives in Dominican Republic that you are determined you will be with every two weeks…and it’s possible that you aren’t addicted to learning, podcasts and wikipedia as much as me – fair enough.)
But it just might be possible that, like me, you are inspired by something bigger, something that makes you feel like you are here for a reason.
And that’s a good thing.
I am an entrepreneur and I believe in the limitless power of social change. In 2000, I co-founded an international youth empowerment humanitarian charity called Live Different. It’s stronger than ever. Now I am a professional speaker based in Canada, a passionate author, a podcaster and a transformational coach and mentor of innovative thinkers and communicators.
However, I also know what it means to start life over — from absolutely nothing. It can start out painful, demoralizing and, quite honestly, not pretty:
- the “hounds of failure” can nip at your heels
- you can feel like life becomes a series of required do-overs and you wonder when they will end
- you wonder if you will ever find your way back out of the fray
Some of us find the bravery to choose it before it chooses us. Most of us that have come through to the other side know that those people are few and far between. Anyone who claims to want to become the best version of themselves needs to understand what that entails.
I help people discover the difference between the stories that help us and the ones that hinder us.
I also help them learn how to influence hearts, capture attention, and connect with the world in a way that creates meaning through resonance.
Something that resonates and connects with who they are and the audience they want to reach.
Resonance is about something becoming bigger and more powerful (think: stories, hope, change, passion, authenticity) as it connects. I am here to help make it happen for them in a brilliant way.
In particular, there are three ways I help individuals and companies get clear on their stories:
- Through my coaching and mentoring, I help social change makers (charities and social enterprises) identify and understand the stories that they are are telling the world. I do this through workshops and one on one consulting.
- I am a professional speaker who has created presentations and spoken to hundreds of thousands around the globe about the power of the stories that we tell ourselves.
- I create and publish content, as well as have a popular bi-weekly podcastthat inspires social change makers to change their stories around communication, courage and inspiration.
I write a popular weekly blog called the Sweet Tuesday Blog focused on helping you live and own your brilliance. If you sign up for it, it will magically pop into your inbox every (surprise!) Tuesday.
Your story isn’t carved in stone – yet.