Our leadership stories are entrenched in our beliefs, many of which we have had on default for years. Those beliefs can run deep, affecting how we show up in life and leadership.
Beliefs such as:
- I will never get ahead
- I am caught in this rut/cycle I am in wih no way out
- I am not capable of developing a certain skill set or of adapting to something new
- I come from a place of disadvantage
- I have fallen short of other’s expectations
- The sense of never being enough: good enough, smart enough, bold enough, strong enough, etc.
- The fear of missing out on something we perceive to be “better” than what we have or bring to the table
From how we face challenges and opportunities, to how they connect with others, limiting beliefs can show up everywhere and hold us back as leaders.
These stories don’t turn off on their own, either.
They continue to play, over and over again for each of us. In fact, every time we encounter a new challenge or a new way of thinking that opposes what we have believed to be true, those stories come back, tempting us to hold off, to let up. They tempt us into embracing the relative safety of limiting beliefs.
The stories we tell ourselves are real, but that doesn’t mean that they are true.
Learning to challenge those assumptions and beliefs can provide incredible benefits, first for the individual and also for the bigger picture.
We can tap into the natural power of hope, challenging those assumptions and beliefs. We can do this by considering – and “consulting” – our Future Self.
Drawing from 18+ years of leadership experience and education, Christal will walk through the three keys we can take from envisioning our Future Self that will change how we live and work today:
- Giving ourselves permission to think differently
- Identifying how to ask ourselves better questions
- Having the bravery to focus on what is most important right now for the future that we want to create.
Audiences are taken on a journey of laughter, captivating emotional connections and change. Proven insights and action steps will leave their hearts and minds touched and inspired by the surprising power they have to effect change.
As a workshop, this is ideal for:
- small team workshops and retreats
- staff training events
- conference breakout sessions.
As a keynote, this is ideal for:
- leadership events
- entrepreneurial conferences
- social change maker/ N.G.O. worker summits and training events